Due to the President announcing that coronavirus is to be declared a state of disaster and implementing a 21 day national lockdown, Unisa has had to make some changes which might have effects in postgraduate students at the institution.
Honours and Postgraduate Diplomas Registration
The registration closing date for honours and postgraduate diploma students remains 29 March 2020.
Some exceptions may apply, but this will be determined by the Postgraduate Administration Department (PGAD), in consultation with other relevant departments.
Master’s and Doctorate Registration
The registration closing date for master’s and doctoral students has been extended to 30 April 2020 with some exceptions such as:
- Doctor of Business Leadership (DBL), Master of Business Leadership (MBL) & Master of Business Administration (MBA) qualifications registration closes on 29 March 2020
- First-time students registering for the DBL, MBL and MBA must register by 17 February 2020, as compulsory study schools take place in February 2020.
- All SBL students may register online, except for those with a 7-series student number. Students with a 7-series student number should contact the Graduate School of Business Leadership for assistance with re-registration by visiting www.unisa.ac.za/sbl
- MCompt degree registration closed on 17 February 2020
For students registering for the qualification listed below, first-time registering students may register outside of the approved registration dates. Re-registering Unisa students must register during the prescribed registration period.
- College of Science, Engineering and Technology
- (excluding Computing students)
- Doctor of Philosophy (90040) – SET option
- Master of Science in Nature Conservation
- (Full Dissertation) (98022)
- Qualifications in the Department of Decision Sciences (Quantitative Management & Operations Research)
Please note that only online registration will be accepted.
Visit myUnisa, the Unisa website and Unisa’s social media platforms for updates.