Cape Town, Western Cape, Part-time
An opportunity has become available in our Keedo Department for a confident, energetic and resilient Trainee Buyer. We are looking for a strong product focused and detail orientated candidate. The incumbent would report into the Senior Buyer and will be responsible for assisting the buyer in all aspects of the buying process. The duration of the contract will be 12 months.
Our ideal candidate will have the ability to align with the company vision, be self-motivated and actively involved in overseeing the end to end process in the applicable area of responsibility. In addition, the successful candidate should have the high energy levels required for this fast-paced, exciting and dynamic retail environment.
- Administrative support to the Keedo Senior Buyer
- Expediting deliveries and SLA’s with various suppliers
- Follow up on fits, lab dips, prints etc.
- Conduct fit sessions, range building and selection
- Combine trend information with commercial awareness
- Optimising relationships with suppliers
- Product design and construction knowledge
- Effectively collaborating with the senior stakeholders and across departments
- Liaising with stores, suppliers, customers, shipping and marketing
- Following up on samples stock and sample rails for review and marketing
- Ad-hoc duties which may be required from the Senior Buyer
Experience and Qualifications:
- Grade 12 certificate
- Relevant qualification in clothing management or fashion design is ideal
- Experience working in a clothing retail environment would be beneficial
- Experience in designing would be beneficial
- Proficiency in MS Excel, Word & Outlook
- Effective written & verbal skills
- Strong administration skills
- Negotiation skills
- A valid South African Driver’s License would be beneficial