Matric Rewrite: The Second Chance Programme
You can improve your matric by registering for a matric rewitr second chance programme free from the Department of Education. Find a matric rewrite center in your district.
- Learners are able to meet the requirements of the NSC or SC and obtain a Grade 12 matric certificate
- Increase learner retention
- Increase computer skills, job opportunities and career pathing
- Learners are able to access bursary opportunities for further studies
- Agricultural Sciences
- Business Studies
- English FAL
- Mathematics Literacy
- Physical Science
- Life Sciences
There are NO COSTS! All tuition is offered for free!!!!
Face to Face Classes:
- Offered by Grade 12 teachers with an excellent track record
- Offered at 50 venues, mainly in rural and semi-rural areas, nationally for June and November examinations only.
Multimedia Broadcasting Solutions
- Telematics Broadcasts at selected schools – nationally except GP
- Internet Broadcasting Programme (IBP) at selected schools in the Free State
- HD Open View Television Broadcast s – Channel 201 at 36 venues, nationally or privately (500 000 households connected)
- Dstv Channel 319 , Mindset Television Broadcasts (4.5 Million households connected)
- SABC Education Geleza Nathi broadcasts weekdays on SABC 1 from 5am to 6am with repeats at 11pm
- SABC Education Geleza Nathi YouTube videos
Digital Online Course Via Internet
- Online course to support learners
- Available throughout the year
- Compatible on all devices
- Available offline via the CAP at libraries, community centres, etc. (Mzanzi Online Libraries Project)
- Can be accessed on personal computers or at the 74 Vodacom centres, libraries, community centres, etc.
- No data costs for Vodacom subscribers utilising the Vodacom E – Learning site
- Mind the Gap in 8 of the 11 subjects
- Past question papers
- Study tips
- Maths and Science textbooks
- Available at Face to Face classes or from District Offices and DBE Offices
- Supplementary Exam Candidates: Learners who wrote the NSC the previous year and qualify to write a maximum of 2 subjects to meet the requirements of the NSC Examinations which are written in February/March. Face to Face Classes will take place in Feb/ March for a period of 12 hours.
- Progressed Learners: Learners who wrote the NSC the previous year but did not sit for all 6 subjects (multiple options) and will write the examinations for the outstanding subjects in June. Face to Face Classes will take place in April/June for a period of 30 hours.
- Senior Certificate (amended) Examination Candidates: Learners registered to write the Senior Certificate (amended) examinations in June. Face to Face Classes will take place in April/June for a period of 30 hours.
- NSC Examinations Part-time candidates: Learners who attempted the NSC examinations post 2008 and will write the examinations in November. Face to Face Classes will take place in August/September for a period of 30 hours.
Contact your District Office/DBE website or call centres for the contact details of the following venues:
Face to Face venues
Multimedia venues and Broadcast schedules
1. Open View HD Broadcasts
2. Telematics Schools
3. IBP Schools
4. SABC Education Geleza Nathi Broadcasts on SABC 1
Internet Access Sites
1. Vodacom Centres
2. Mzansi Libraries On-Line
3. Thusong Centres
4. SABC Education Geleza Nathi YouTube Videos
You may also find private colleges to rewrite your matric. Note that at private colleges there are fees involved.