The Land and Agricultural Development Bank of South Africa (Land Bank), was established in 1912 and is government owned by the Development Finance Institution. The Bank provides financial services to farmers, including the financing of land, equipment, assets and credit.
The bursary is aimed at undergraduate students who have proven financial need, planning to study and studying full-time in one of the below fields of study.
- Agricultural related studies (e.g B.Agric, BSc Agriculture, B.Agricultural Economics, B.Environmental Studies, etc.)
- Finance; Internal Audit & Procurement
- Project Management/ Business Management
- Information Technology
- Human Resource
- Risk Management / Compliance
- Investment Management
The programme is focused on developing a pipeline of young talent not only to feed directly into Land Bank, but into the agricultural sector at large.
Applicant must have already registered to study at a South African University/ University of Technology and /or Agricultural College for the 2020 academic year (excluding first year students).
Applicants must meet the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- South African citizen
- Completed Matric
- Studying within one of the aforementioned fields of study (2nd/ 3rd/ 4th year students only)
- Registered or accepted to study at a University/ University of Technology/ Agricultural College in South Africa
- Strong academic record
- Interested in pursuing a career within the Agricultural sector
- Proven financial need
- NOT in receipt of any other bursary funding
HOW TO APPLY
Attach clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application:
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate or Matric results (certified copy)
- Full academic record, if currently at tertiary level (certified copy)
- Proof of registration/ acceptance from tertiary institution
- Parents/ guardians proof of household income (payslips if employed/ sworn affidavit if unemployed)
- Completed and signed Land Bank Declaration of Financial Conditions (.pdf)
Applications must be submitted electronically via email to: email@example.com
(Insert the words “Land Bank Bursary Application – Your Full Name” in the email subject line).
CLOSING DATE: 31 January 2020