Cape Town, Western CapeTemporary, Internship
Location:South Africa, Cape Town
Belmond Mount Nelson Hotel has an excellent Internship opportunity within Human Resources.
Your main duties and responsibilities will include;
- Learning & Development administration which includes, but is not limited to, the arrangement of logistics for classroom training, capturing of training records for reporting purposes, preparation of training materials for classroom training, updating of notice-boards with L&D information and upcoming events, preparation of the L&D monthly calendar, maintenance of the Learning Management System in terms of adding new joiners and terminating leavers on the system.
- Human Resources administration which involves the administration of employee records, new joiners, terminations, status changes, birthday cards, long service milestone letters etc.
- Conduct some portions of the “Art of Induction” for new joiners.
- You will be required to assist with other Human Resources related duties such as, but not limited to, recruitment, welfare, staff functions, industrial relations and learning and development.
- Assist with the issuing of uniforms for all staff.
- Assist with the administration of the YMTD nomination and voting process.
- Assist with maintaining the staff notice board
- Responsible for new joiner paperwork which includes preparing the induction kit and issuing to new staff. This also includes ensuring that all required employee acknowledgements and other mandatory paperwork is on the employee’s file within one month of them joining.
- Assist with daily Human Resources related queries from staff.
- Ensure all relevant employee concerns, queries or issues you become of aware of, are timeously shared with the relevant member of the Human Resources Department.
- The Human Resources Officer will be your immediate supervisor in terms of daily activities and or tasks as well as to monitor the productivity and quality of your work.
- Responsible for the ordering of stationery supplies for the Human Resources Office.
- Assist with conducting six-week probationary reviews.
- Diploma/Degree in a relevant field
- 6 months’ experience in a similar role
- Computer literate (MS Excel, MS Word)
How to Apply