NSFAS offices will be closed for the duration of the lockdown. This closure will now impact operations at NSFAS. However, the Contact Centre number will be suspended for the duration of the lockdown.
To continuously improve ways of communicating to students, NSFAS has developed a new feature on their website called NSFAS Connect. NSFAS Connect allows you to communicate with NSFAS more swiftly and directly.
Here is some guidance on how to use it.
What should I do if I am unable to find my query in the Knowledge base?
Click on the ‘Get Help’ tab to log a case.
But how do I log a case via NSFAS Connect?
- Click on the ‘Get Help’ tab
- Select the category of your query type
- Complete the field that says ‘Short Description’ by summarising your query
- Complete the field that says ‘Description of the issue’ by explaining in full what your query is
- Add an attachment if you need to
- Click on ‘Submit’
After logging a case via NSFAS Connect, how will I receive an answer to my query?
NSFAS will send you an email when your case has been updated. Alternatively, you can continue to monitor NSFAS Connect for feedback on your case.
Will I be able to view my cases within the NSFAS Connect portal?
Yes, you will be able to view your cases within the NSFAS Connect portal.
- Log into your myNSFAS account on www.nsfas.org.za
- Click ‘myNSFAS’
- Click ‘NSFAS Connect’
- Click ‘My Cases’
- Here you can view all the cases you have logged via the portal
- You can also access your cases through call or email
For more information, visit the NSFAS website