Education activist group Equal Education have launched their 2020 Community Leadership Internship programme.
Education activist group Equal Education have launched their 2020 Community Leadership Internship programme in the Eastern Cape, Western Cape and Gauteng.
WANT TO WORK FOR A DYNAMIC YOUTH LED ORGANISATION?
Equal Education is calling for applications for its 2020 Community Leadership Internship Programme.
Equal Education’s Community Leadership (CL) Internship Programme is for young people who are passionate about being leaders within and outside of their communities. Through the program, aspiring young activists develop leadership, facilitation, community organising and communication skills. During the internship, CLs will be involved in running Youth Groups; youth group is our main platform for engaging and developing Equalisers. The work of a CL will entail: working with a team of facilitators, building strong relationships in communities and schools, and participating in & assisting with campaigns. Participants must be energetic, hard-working, self-motivated, have good facilitation skills and be team players who are able to adapt to a fast-changing environment.
Who should apply?
- Must be between ages of 18 – 25.
- Post school youth who have relevant experience in facilitating or working with school pupils.
- Are able to commit 100% of your time to the organisation. Successful applicants must be able to start the programme full-time on 1 February 2020.
- Skills and Competencies
- Must have matriculated
- Basic computer literacy
- Sound organising skills
- Previous facilitation and public speaking experience would be advantageous
- Previous experience at a youth development organisation would be advantageous
- Characteristics we are looking for include:
- Ethical Leadership
- Ability to work hard and focus
- Communication skills
- Interest in human rights issues
- Problem solving techniques.